4 boneless chicken breasts pounded to 1 inch thick
4 slices ham (we used leftover ham from Christmas dinner but slice lunchmeat ham will work too)
4 slices swiss cheese
1-2 cups Italian bread crumbs or Italian gluten free bread crumbs (if making a gluten free recipe)
1/2 cup olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Slice chicken breasts lengthwise.
3. Place 1 slice ham and 1 slice swiss cheese on top of chicken. Flip the other piece of sliced chicken on top of the ham/cheese, making a "sandwich".
4. Put the olive oil in a plate or shallow dish. Place each chicken piece into the olive oil, making sure to coat both sides.
5. Repeat the same process with the bread crumbs, coating both sides of the chicken.
6. Place the chicken in a shallow baking dish, securing with toothpicks if necessary.
7. Bake for 30-40 minutes, or until the chicken is browned and juices run clear.
Do you have any traditional meals around the holidays?
What's your favorite recipe to make with leftovers?